[nycphp-talk] php extensions

Mark Withington mwithington at PLMresearch.com
Mon Jul 19 22:45:02 EDT 2004

Thanks everyone.  I thought .htaccess was the way to go, and even had a
guess at the syntax (which everyone graciously confirmed), but I'm still
coming up empty.  Unfortunately, earthlink has been no help identifying
where the problem is.  They have assured me that AddType is not a restricted
directive in their .htaccess files.  If anyone else has a guess, would love
to hear it.

Thanks again,

Mark

--------------------------
Mark L. Withington
PLMresearch
v: 508-746-2383
m: 508-801-0181
Calendar: http://www.plmresearch.com/calendar.php

-----Original Message-----
From: talk-bounces at lists.nyphp.org [mailto:talk-bounces at lists.nyphp.org] On
Behalf Of Alan T. Miller
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 10:17 PM
To: NYPHP Talk
Subject: Re: [nycphp-talk] php extensions

SNIP >>>
I'm moving scripts to an ISP that wants all php files to be called via
the .php4 extension.  I've got a lot of scripts that call a lot of .php
files. Anyone know of a quick-and-easy way of telling the new ISP's box
to run all .php references as .php4?
<<<

I believe you can add something like the following to an .htaccess file...

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .inc .php3 .php4