[nycphp-talk] Dynamically Add Links to Text

John Campbell jcampbell1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 14:59:56 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Randal Rust<randalrust at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Hall, Leam<lhall at smartronix.com> wrote:
>
>> Maybe a nightly or weekly rebuild? Depends on frequency of updates.
>
> Conceptually, that makes sense. It is certainly something to consider.
> However, these clients are typically librarians, historians and other
> public sector-type minds. I will have to figure out how to explain
> that to them in their language:)

The way Wikipedia does this is by allowing robot editors.  The bots go
through the wikitext and fix things, and everyone can see the changes
the bot made.  A human can rollback the changes if the bot does
something stupid.

 If you already have versioning of the articles, and the ability to
approve edits, then creating a "robot-link-adder" editor that runs on
a cron job should be a concept that librarians and historians can
understand.