[nycphp-talk] Dynamically Add Links to Text

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 14:37:10 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Glenn Powell<glenn310b at mac.com> wrote:

> Maybe altering the existing articles is a one time process?

Unfortunately, no. These sites are encyclopedias, so when you add
articles to it. For example, let's say I have an article about George
Washington, which I added on day one, and mentions Valley Forge.
However, I don't add the Valley Forge article until several months
later. When I do add it, I need to make sure the first instance of
Valley Forge in the Washington article correctly links to the new
article.

> I don't see how a pre-existing article could have made reference to an
> article title that hasn't been published yet.

Very easily:)

Personally, I feel that this is a dangerous path to go down, but
customers want this feature, despite the difficulty. On the other
hand, they don't want to take the time to do it manually, which would
make it 100% accurate.

At this time, I just want to give it a shot and see if we can make it work.

--
Randal Rust
R.Squared Communications