[nycphp-talk] Creating database tables when deploying products

Jiju Thomas Mathew lists at silmail.com
Tue Mar 27 06:45:13 EDT 2007

> So my question is ... is what I'm doing ok? .. there must be a better way
> to do it ... How are you all
> doing database table creation for products that need to be deployed on
> multiple systems.?

We use a more or less the same method, with one difference,  that is the sql
query instead of being embedded, is a seperate setup.sql file with comments
and whitespace stripped off.  Means, each complete statement is in one line.
The script issues a source setup.sql to the mysql after connecting to the
database.

--
Jiju Thomas Mathew
http://www.php-trivandrum.org