[nycphp-talk] FOSS Event in Technopark Trivandrum -- Suggest a Event Management System

Jiju Thomas Mathew lists at silmail.com
Mon Mar 12 12:38:59 EDT 2007

Hi all

Introduction:

It has been a long time since we were having the idea of organising a FOSS
event in Trivandrum.  Most of you would not need an introduction about what
Technopark ( http://www.technopark.org) is.  Any way the use or adoption of
FOSS in the Technopark is not quite that deep, and we AFAIK dont have any
meetings or UGs. Still some of us are really enthusiastic to plan for an
event in may be mid of  June 2007.

The event is planned to be a two day event, with free admission, first come
first served.  The event will be sponsored by some companies inside the
Technopark.  Our plans are to highlight

1. Benefits and general methods of FOSS adoption
2. Benefits and general methods of FOSS contribution
3. Technical sessions covering PHP, MySQL, Mono

with mostly giving emphasis towards financial benefits, while adopting as
well as contributing.

The portion where I am stuck is with contributing delegates, or speakers.
And I am at a loss on
how to go around asking for people to come and present the above matter in a
two day workshop.

Now that the above is said, I would appreciate if some one could point me to
an event management system which would help me setup a website for the
specific event, preferably SugarCRM, Drupal or Nuke Module would be the
best, or even a standalone one which should ofcourse be PHP / MySQL.

--
Jiju Thomas Mathew
http://www.php-trivandrum.org