[nycphp-talk] Followup: Going weekly rate for php developer/coder in NYC these days?

Scott Mattocks scott at crisscott.com
Thu Jan 18 12:18:54 EST 2007

edward potter wrote:
> Ok, just to keep everyone up to date, based on interviews to date, the
> going rate for a 6 month contract with someone with a solid
> php/developer background/graduate degree in IT right now seems to top
> out out $60/hr based on a 6 month contract. A HOT flash programmer,
> "may" get up to $100 an hour for a short term assignment.

I don't have fancy accounting like Chris, but I can tell you that I have
been in a hiring position before and have paid twice the rate you are
seeing. The terms of the contract were slightly different (not quite 40
hours/week, but the length was longer). For a solid PHP developer with a
graduate degree you should be getting more.

By the way, shouldn't the recruiter be able to answer that question the
best? It's their job to get people the best they can.

--
Scott Mattocks
Author: Pro PHP-GTK
http://www.crisscott.com