[nycphp-talk] And the HTML CSS guru is....

JJainschigg at cmp.com JJainschigg at cmp.com
Thu Jan 11 13:47:46 EST 2007

What a beautiful quote:

"In New York, the transit from beauty to desolation always proceeds
expeditiously, as if the universal principle of maximum efficiency had
advised suppression of any intermediary states."

Isn't that right? I love Spanish -- where universal principles don't
dictate, they merely advise. (grin)

John Jainschigg
Editor in Chief, Online
Software Development Media Group
CMP Media, LLC
600 Community Drive
Manhasset, New York 11030
Instant Message to:
    AIM: jjainschigg
    MSN: jjainschigg at cmp.com
Voice call to:
    try first: 718-472-0788
    try second: 917-405-3116
    try third: 516-562-5617
email: jjainschigg at cmp.com

David Mintz <dmintz at davidmintz.org>
Sent by: talk-bounces at lists.nyphp.org
01/11/2007 01:23 PM
Please respond to
NYPHP Talk <talk at lists.nyphp.org>

NYPHP Talk <talk at lists.nyphp.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [nycphp-talk] And the HTML CSS guru is....

This thread probably belongs on front-end but... no doubt but that tables
are for tabular data. There's a nice SitePoint book about kicking the
table habit: http://www.sitepoint.com/books/css2/.  Forms are the one
thing with which I haven't been able to get clean and sober, because
aligning all the elements with pure CSS -- at least for a non-guru like
myself, judging from the solutions I've seen and tried -- is a PITA.

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007, Warren Myers wrote:

>[...]
> My big reason for avoiding tables when at all possible is that I like
> changing layouts on personal (and even some work) sites semi-frequently.

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

En Nueva York el tránsito de la belleza a la desolación sucede
siempre expeditivamente, como si el principio universal
de máxima eficiencia hubiera aconsejado la supresión de
gradaciones intermedias.

  -- Antonio Muñoz Molina, Ventanas de Manhattan

NYPHPCon 2006 Presentations Online
http://www.nyphpcon.com

Show Your Participation in New York PHP