[nycphp-talk] And the HTML CSS guru is....

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Thu Jan 11 13:23:56 EST 2007

This thread probably belongs on front-end but... no doubt but that tables
are for tabular data. There's a nice SitePoint book about kicking the
table habit: http://www.sitepoint.com/books/css2/.  Forms are the one
thing with which I haven't been able to get clean and sober, because
aligning all the elements with pure CSS -- at least for a non-guru like
myself, judging from the solutions I've seen and tried -- is a PITA.

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007, Warren Myers wrote:

>[...]
> My big reason for avoiding tables when at all possible is that I like
> changing layouts on personal (and even some work) sites semi-frequently.

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

En Nueva York el tránsito de la belleza a la desolación sucede
siempre expeditivamente, como si el principio universal
de máxima eficiencia hubiera aconsejado la supresión de
gradaciones intermedias.

  -- Antonio Muñoz Molina, Ventanas de Manhattan