[nycphp-talk] ism tables.

Hans C. Kaspersetz hans at cyberxdesigns.com
Mon Jan 8 23:59:44 EST 2007

Well, I did finally get a copy of MySQL 4.0.x installed on my computer.
It looks like the tables are really corrupt.   The iasmchk utility
wasn't able to recover them.  I am kinda bummed but live and learn.  Now
I have MySQL 4.0.x, 4.1.x and 5.0.x installed on my computer just for
this case.

When I ran ALTER TABLE phpbb_users TYPE = MYISAM  in MySQL 4.0 it wiped
the tables clean.  They showed no records.

When I ran ALTER TABLE phpbb_users TYPE = MYISAM  in MySQL 4.1 or 5.0 I
got the same silly error I was getting earlier from MySQL.

Thank for the help guys.
Hans