[nycphp-talk] punctuation in From: header

Robyn Overstreet robynover at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 15:45:37 EST 2007

There was a thread about this a while back, and I'm trying to find out
some more information. Sending email (with PEAR) fails when there is
punctuation in the header. For example, in the application I'm working
on, the name in the From field may need to be "A. Beeccee Assoc.,
Inc." yet strings with periods, commas, etc cause sending to fail.

Using double quotes in PHP doesn't seem to make a difference, but
quoting in the string itself *does* work for sending punctuation.
However, the quotation marks show up in the From name field, which I'd
like to avoid if possible.

Lots of googling and trial and error, and I can't seem to figure out
how to escape punctuation ...