[nycphp-talk] php web search engine

Jon Baer jonbaer at jonbaer.com
Wed Feb 14 17:21:34 EST 2007

Depending on the size of the index you need to produce the
ZendFrameworks has a port of Lucene in PHP5 ...

http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFDOCDEV/20.+Zend_Search

The nice thing is that the file formats are fully compatible so you
can use already available Lucene tools to build ...

java -jar LuceneIndexCreation.jar [-c] [-s] <document_dir> <index_dir>

Cool stuff.

- Jon