[nycphp-talk] md5 string length max?

Paul Reinheimer preinheimer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 11:44:14 EDT 2006

MD5 isn't going to encounter any problems hashing passwords, it's
regularily used to hash entire files (just to make sure the one in PHP
was fine I just hashed a 5MB file, biggest one i had handy, no problems)
to ensure they are downloaded without error.

So for passwords, the limit is going to be memory, not the hashing alg.

:)
paul

--
Paul Reinheimer