[nycphp-talk] Zend Certification

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Fri Sep 16 11:30:17 EDT 2005

Anthony Papillion wrote:
> I'm wanting to find something that can immediately
> differentiate myself and my skill set from those people
> without the client or employer having to setup an
> interview and review sample code, etc. I think a Zend
> cert might help do that.

I think the certification has a lot of value, but keep in mind that it
is intended to set a baseline for professional PHP developers. It is
often advertised as identifying PHP experts, but I don't think such a
label is entirely accurate.

> My question is this: how seriously is the certification
> taken by employers and clients?

I found Zend's recent webcast pretty informative:

http://www.zend.com/webcasts/archive.php

Chris

--
Chris Shiflett