[nycphp-talk] worm/virus's hammering feedback scripts?

Billy Reisinger mail at billyreisinger.com
Mon Sep 12 15:52:48 EDT 2005

Daniel Convissor wrote:

>Huh?!  Insert headers in the middle of the message body?!  That doesn't
>make sense to me.  I believe you're misinterpreting the article you
>mention.  Perhaps I misunderstand things, but the way I see it, I can
>write "Content-Type: <whatever>" in the middle of message until my fingers
>fall off and it won't have any impact.  The problem is inserting that into
>the headers.

I know, it's weird; unfortunately, it's true.  There's a specific little
hack of the Content-type header that lets the hacker do a multi-part
message.  If you scroll down to about the bottom of the article I
mentioned, it goes over it in detail.  Again, kind of a brainteaser of a
hack, so it's worth sitting down and reading in detail.

>My (buggy, someone please fix it, I'm short on time now) pseudo-code
>clears invalid characters from the subject and name plus if the email
>address is bogus, halts execution.
>
>--Dan

Got it.  I misread your previous post!
Cheers,