[nycphp-talk] Finding where segfaults are coming from

Dallas DeVries dallas at sportspyder.com
Tue Sep 28 11:31:19 EDT 2004

I'm having real trouble tracking down some segfaults I'm having from a
commandline php script that I have written.  I found this
article http://bugs.php.net/bugs-generating-backtrace.php on gdb backtrace.
I'm not really following the core file thing, I havn't been able to generate
it and the directory with httpd is writable by the user running php as per
the instructions.   I tried the alternative approach when you can't get at
core file.  Now when I run the run -X command I get the error below where it
tells me it exits with code 01 which I havn't been able to find anything
about.  Does anyone else have any experience in this area or have any ideas?

Thanks,
Dallas

(Running PHP 4.3.9 from command line( I turned on debug in build ),
Apache/1.3.28 (Unix))

# gdb /www/bin/httpd
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (5.3post-0.20021129.18rh)
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) run -X
Starting program: /www/bin/httpd -X
[Tue Sep 28 11:11:29 2004] [warn] module php4_module is already loaded,
skipping
[Tue Sep 28 11:11:29 2004] [warn] module mod_php4.c is already added,
skipping

Program exited with code 01.