[nycphp-talk] Passing Objects Via Session in PHP 4

cwf at axlotl.net cwf at axlotl.net
Mon Sep 27 20:42:22 EDT 2004

On Monday, September 27 at 06:55 pm, Joseph Crawford allegedly wrote:
>i guess i am a bit confused as to why you cannot store a resouce id in
>a session?
>
>is a resource id the only thing that you cannot put into a session?

Joseph,

I believe the answer is:
Because the next time the script runs, the resource might not be assigned
the same reference? So your stored reference refers to nothing. I just woke
up and other examples don't come readily to mind.

Well, if you generate a random number and store it in a session,
then generate another next time and compare them to see if they match?
Useful for especially hardened security.

~chris