[nycphp-talk] Configuring Oracle with PHP

Nathan Lavertue nd at lavertue.com
Fri Sep 10 12:06:35 EDT 2004

Just thought I'd mention this little tidbit...

... I posted recently about getting Oracle up and running with
PHP 5. After I did that, and ran the development pieces I was
working on, we had our DBA setup a similar setup. He choose to
go with PHP 4.3.8 for whatever reason, and was having issues
trying to get it setup.

In the end, it was due to the configure command not returning
any errors even though it was pretty much missing. --with-OCI8
will fail because of the case sensitive input. It needs to be
--with-oci8, instead.

Just thought I'd put this out there in case someone every
needed the info handy.
nd lavertue // .flash.soldier/pixel.terrorist.
lavertue.com // mutemuse.com