[nycphp-talk] Best recommendations for SWF -> PHP -> SWF

Phillip Powell phillip.powell at adnet-sys.com
Tue Sep 7 18:16:36 EDT 2004

corey szopinski wrote:

> Phil-
>
> If you move forward with building your PHP CMA, I’d suggest that you
> use make some allowances for outputting the content into XML. That
> way, when you get the fla’s, you can pull that content in. On the
> other hand, if you have to “fail-over” to html, you could run the same
> xml into a xslt processor and output normal html (or even a .doc or
> .pdf if you needed to).
>
> Another simple solution would be to build your CMA as class-based, and
> use arrays to output data. For example, if you build a News object,
> “$news->getArticle(5)” could output the headline, dateline, author and
> content into one big array. Then you use that array in a normal
> php/html page, or an xml down the road.

I'll go with the OO approach, my XML is a bit slight and XSLT
nonexistent (I simply don't know enough to build a project based on it
right now). However, the problem arises now: Building a PHP CMA that
will allow the user to submit new content is fine, saving onto database
and even generating flat XML files based on it, however, I do not know
what to do next unless I am able to get the .fla original AS files.

Phil