[nycphp-talk] Multi-Inheritance in PHP 5

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Sun Oct 10 15:58:13 EDT 2004

Adam Trachtenberg writes:

> In general, I believe the whole point of interfaces over MI
> is that MI is evil, so you shouldn't try to route around the
> language or you'll end up shooting yourself in the foot.

I have found this stuff about MI (multiple inheritance) being evil
many times to be asserted by Java zealots, who similarly decry
'pointer arithmetic' in C++.

'classkit_method_copy' looks to me like self-modifying code --
something which arguably has more potential for mishaps than MI
(or pointer arithmetic for that matter).

T. Gales & Associates
'Helping People Connect with Technology'

http://www.tgaconnect.com

"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot;
 C++ makes it harder, but when you do, it
blows away your whole leg."

-- Bjarne Stroustrup