[nycphp-talk] Uploading animated gifs

Greg Faber greg at click3x.com
Mon Mar 29 16:38:29 EST 2004

Is there something special that needs to be done in order to upload
animated GIFs to a webserver via a post-form?

The reason I am asking this is that I designed a small
"content-management system" (ie: extranet) where users can post photos,
movie-clips and documents. Everything uploads fine except for when I
upload an animated gif file. For example, when I upload a 20 KB
animated gif, the file in the uploads directory is 4KB and doesn't
display as what it should be. It won't even open in Preview or
Photoshop or ImageReady . I CAN open it in a web browser and it's some
illegible graphic that says something like "Error Loading
/Library/WebServer" but I'm not sure (I've attached the graphic).

If any of you have any idea what the heck is going on, please enlighten
me, I really don't get it.