[nycphp-talk] Secure (XML-RPC) connection

Chris Bielanski Cbielanski at inta.org
Wed Mar 24 10:37:33 EST 2004

SSL is just the poor-man's VPN for these types of things. Honestly, if SSL
had not already proved sufficient in a large number of cases, someone would
have spoken up saying "Use XYZ..."

The only token of opinion I can offer up beyond that is to build an IPSEC
tunnel between a couple of W2K boxes. Seems to me that all that does is use
OS-native functionality to build a VPN instead of a hardware-based secure
tunnel.

~Chris