[nycphp-talk] OT - IDE Raid cards

Michael Hanulec hanulec at hanulec.com
Thu Mar 11 15:11:44 EST 2004

OK Solution: 3Ware Escalade 7506 4 Port or 8 Port for IDE drives

	- Slower than Linux software mirror

	- Poor overall RAID stability, upon initializing the RAID for the
first time, the RAID will re-initialize itself upon your first data write
to the disk.

Better Solution: Adaptec Serial ATA Raid 2410 (4 port) for 2810 (8 port)

	- Better performance than 3Ware

	- Better overall RAID stability

-mike
--