[nycphp-talk] LAMP CMS performance tests

inforequest sm11szw02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Jul 21 16:55:46 EDT 2004

Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg adam-at-trachtenberg.com |nyphp 04/2004| wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, George Schlossnagle wrote:

>So that's another point to consider, the effectiveness of your cache
>is directly related to your dataset and typical usage.
>
>-adam

I don't think I enjoyed any advance CIS topic more than I enjoyed cache
design. If you like the analytical thinking behind caching -- client
side vs. server side vs. mysql level vs. apache level vs. php
application level, page level, even RAM level, you should look into the
field of cache design and management. It is not only interesting and
extremely practical, but there is alot of room to play with some good
tools and plenty of room to make contributions from the sysadmin level
through the Ph.D. level.

Improving cache utilization is probably the most powerful way to improve
performance....