[nycphp-talk] Happy 7th of July... Sort of

Phillip Powell phillip.powell at adnet-sys.com
Wed Jul 7 14:01:33 EDT 2004

Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:

>On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Phillip Powell wrote:
>

>>I hate to say this, sometimes, we coders live in a world very far
>>removed from the rest of the known universe, the universe of "typical
>>people" that wouldn't know such hacks and would then not feel the need
>>to do so when surfing on Ebay for a 6-pack of beer.
>>

>Actually, eBay only allows sales of 6-packs when they're deemed
>"collectibles." Otherwise, there's all sorts of government regulation
>about the sale of alcohol over the Internet and across state lines.
>
>-adam

You missed it.  I said "

when surfing on Ebay for a 6-pack of beer.
"

Notice the phrase "when surfing on Ebay for...".  Again, Joe User's world wouldn't necessarily know about the government regulations on anything (except to complain more than likely that there are too many w/o any sort of concrete recollection as to what they are or apply to what/when/where/why/how much)

Ok, this is becoming tangential to the point of absurdity! AUGH! I need a Belgian Pale Ale or a Jever!

Phil

--
Phil Powell
Multimedia Programmer