[nycphp-talk] SNMP really that "simple"?

Jon Baer jonbaer at jonbaer.net
Fri Jul 2 08:10:26 EDT 2004

John,

Thank you very much for that clear explanation ... I had been working on a
MIB and there was no value passed back @ all and it took so long to figure
out the reason and it turned out it was something "not implemented yet"
from the hardware manuf. lol. However looking @ the MIB info was eye
popping at first ...

Sticking w/ the subject do you (or anyone) know how snmp_read_mib in PHP5
works?  It returns an int vs. a resource, does this just load a working
MIB that youd like to view info about?  get,walk,realwalk,and all the
other functions use host/community string for args.  Maybe im just missing
something.  Im looking to parse info from the MIB description vs. the
actual host.

Thanks again.

- Jon

--
pgp key: http://www.jonbaer.net/jonbaer.asc
fingerprint: F438 A47E C45E 8B27 F68C 1F9B 41DB DB8B 9A0C AF47