[nycphp-talk] php cms software

Mitch Pirtle mitchy at spacemonkeylabs.com
Sat Jan 31 14:24:20 EST 2004

felix zaslavskiy wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 12:08:50 -0500
> "Tim Gales" <tgales at tgaconnect.com> wrote:
>
>>http://www.opensourcecms.com/index.php
>

> Its a good resource but they only present php with mysql and ignore the
> rest. Their excuse because that is what they know. So I still think one
> should at least take a look at other language cms like plone or
> bricolage for example.

Absolutely!  Having worked with Zope/Plone for years I gotta say
everyone should at least look at it.  Totally different animal with
complex requirements (and installation in a production environment is
almost not possible) - but man, when it is going it is incredible...

I'm happy to answer any questions about Zope/Plone for those interested.

-- mitch