[nycphp-talk] 'In and out' of php

Mark Armendariz nyphp at enobrev.com
Sat Jan 24 14:02:04 EST 2004

> the whole entire page becomes a script in which case it
> doesn't really matter how you code it

I see...

I recall when I was using CF (4.0), that it was reccommended only to put CF
specific code in the tags as everythign else is ignored by the CF parser,
but everything within would be preocessed.

So you COULD surround an entire page with <CFOutput> tags, but that would
require EVERYTHING to be parsed by CF, while just putting your vars in it
would save quite a bit of processing time.  So 'getting out of' CF was
essential to keeping load times down.  Of course, since MX that may be
different now as well. (wish I could site a source, but it's been a couple
years)

Good to know!

Mark