[nycphp-talk] OT: What are you doing against Spam ?

Freedman, Tom S. Thomas.Freedman at ubs.com
Thu Jan 15 12:36:32 EST 2004

> > It's probably not a cost-effective solution, but I found that
> > the new spam filters built into Outlook 2003 are about 80% - 90%
>
> I use OL2003's junk mail filters too and have them put everything in the
> Junk E-mail folder automatically - works better than any system I've
> seen, including server side.  The only problem, however, is that if you
> use OL2003 against Exchange 2003 in online mode, the filtering is
> unavailable.  Good ol' Microsoft... always thinking.

D'oh!  I'm only using OL2003 at home, so it's checking POP mailboxes.  At
work I've finally got Office XP (after 3 years running Office 97!  Whee!),
which doesn't have the spam filtering, but then, I don't use the address
externally anywhere except here, so I get almost no spam (knock on wood).

Please do not transmit orders or instructions regarding a UBS account by
email. The information provided in this email or any attachments is not an
official transaction confirmation or account statement. For your protection,
do not include account numbers, Social Security numbers, credit card
numbers, passwords or other non-public information in your email. Because
the information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential,
proprietary or otherwise protected from disclosure, please notify us
immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer
if you have received this communication in error.  Thank you.

UBS Financial Services Inc.
UBS International Inc.