[nycphp-talk] Send page by email ?

Ophir Prusak lists at prusak.com
Thu Apr 22 14:32:06 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I'm looking for a solution to send a web page (preferably using a php
form)  via email.
The problem is that:
1 - The page itself is only viewable after a user has logged into the
system.
2 - The page includes images.

For example:
1. Joe logs into system
2. Joe views a protected page
3. Joe send protected page to Sam via email
4. Sam gets email and can view "page" without logging into system.

Originally, we were using PDFs for this, but it reached a point where
the PDFs no longer look the same as they do in a browser or email client.
Currently I'm looking into using MHT files, but haven't found any PHP
(or unix for that matter) code to create MHT files. FYI - MHT files are
basically entire web pages, images and all, saved as a single file. You
can create MHT files in IE by doing save as - web archive, single file
(*.mht)

Thanx,
Ophir