[nycphp-talk] Pear, SQLite, PHP4 (repost?)

jon baer jonbaer at jonbaer.net
Tue Apr 20 23:32:25 EDT 2004

>>> I'm looking at SQLite, and would like to use it in PHP 4. From what I've gathered, this means that I have to use Pear. Is this correct? <<<

You don't really need PEAR per se ... you just need the extension ...

http://pecl.php.net/package/SQLite

However I beleive PEAR::DB support it which would be better to use because in case you want to switch to MySQL later on for example you will be rewritting your db code.

To use the extension you need to enable it in your php.ini and you are good to go.

sqlite_open("db.sqlite", 0666, $err);
resource sqlite_open ( string filename [, int mode [, string &error_message]])

http://us4.php.net/manual/en/function.sqlite-open.php

- Jon