[nycphp-talk] for() question

Rafi Sheikh Rafi.Sheikh at Ingenix.com
Tue Apr 20 14:24:27 EDT 2004

Hi List.

My status: Brain dead
NEEDED: How do I assign the retrieved data to unique arrays?

Henry and Dan form this list helped me to get at this stage where I am
retrieving the data from a mysql table.

Now, It is very embarrassing but after I get the data read in (code below),
I for the love of PHP, can not make unique rows or dynamically assign the
data.  I tried the following:
$plot=array();
$i=0;

 while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($resultID)) {

	foreach($row as $field) {
	$plot[$i]=$field;
	$i++;
	}

It seems to either go to the last row of data, or if I do:
$data1=$array[0]);

 or so, I get one line which is fine but than, as soon I do:
$data1=$array[0];
$data2=$array[1];
 ... more like this...

than at 4th or 5th $data5, etc. it tells me that it is undefined (going back
to where all the data was read in the first iteration-I think)

WHAT I AM TRYING TO DO:
All I need is that the data I get read in (thx H & D), to get it assigned to
an array dynamically or manually per row, which becomes my one set of data
that I could use.  So If I had 10 rows, I will get 10 unique arrays that I
could use with jpgraph for a multi-line graph.

I am afraid my novice status in PHP is not letting me write or understand a
better "for or do..while" code that could do the job.  Can you help?

Rafi

recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying
to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.