[nycphp-talk] handling forms (relative newbie)

Aaron Fischer agfische at email.smith.edu
Tue Sep 30 15:44:58 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I am encountering a situation somewhat similar to the one that Jeff was
referring to in his post titled "Repost post vars".  Basically, I am
using php to enforce required fields on a form, load a page that allows
the user to confirm information is accurate (if not, reload the form
page), and finally once all is OK, process the variables by inserting
the data into mysql, sending an email confirmation to the user and

Where I am running into problems is preserving post variables across
the various page loads.  I saw the following solutions offered to Jeff,
and I am wondering, as a relative newbie, which one folks would
recommend me cutting my teeth on or are there other options that might
be even simpler/better?

Possible solutions:
	Perform manual POST using PHP
	Use PEAR's http request class