[nycphp-talk] Need Hardware for PHP Code Cache / Accelerator Benchmarking

Tim Sailer sailer at bnl.gov
Mon Sep 29 11:51:12 EDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 11:30:36AM -0400, David Sklar wrote:
> The server should be running Linux (although the presence of a Windows
> server as well would be a bonus) and the client computers can be running
> just about anything, as long as they can handle one of the zillion web
> stress tools out there. The server must be configurable so that while the
> benchmarks are running, there are no other variable-load programs running
> (i.e. a mail, DNS, or active web server is no good.) Remote (ssh) access to
> the machines would be most convenient for me, but if you're in Manhattan,
> on-site access is OK, too. I can pay you in thanks, acknowledgement in the
> book, and a free copy or three of the book.

Let me see if I can get you access to an intranet I help manage. The
web farm is all copper Gig-E, the 3 main servers are dual Xeons with
scsi-3 disk subsystems, and 2G RAM. I believe that I can get access to
a part of the compute farm for clients, possibly 100-150 nodes, 100Mb connections.
I'll know in 24 hrs if I can get past corporate politics in this particular
case. Too bad I couldn't get you access here at BNL. There's a linux farm
with about 1500 nodes... :)

Tim

--
Tim Sailer <sailer at bnl.gov>
Information and Special Technologies Program