[nycphp-talk] How do I create a future date for a cookie?

Brian Pang bpang at bpang.com
Fri Sep 5 10:41:18 EDT 2003

what's so kludgey about this, Phil?

I'm actually curious why you want it set soooo far into the future?

I usually only set it for 3 months on the long end.

It's highly unlikely that your site will still exist in its current form
in 100 years from now, let alone 2 or 3. Of course, you can always be
optimistic. :)

I don't know of any date limitations since I never look ahead that far
(cookies, life, coding, etc), so I would go by tbe guidance of others
regarding the 2038 date.

> well this is what I came up with, it's a kluge but it's the best I can
think of:

> setcookie('myCookie', $val, time() + (86400 * 36500)); // SET TO 100
YEARS FROM NOW

> Phil

like 100 years from now), but looking up both date() and mktime()
honestly made no sense to me as to how to do it.