[nycphp-talk] Encrypt/Decrypt without MCrypt

Brian Pang bpang at bpang.com
Mon Dec 1 10:44:59 EST 2003

I didn't claim that this approach would be fool proof, and I did, I
thought, warn against anyone getting a hold of the code as an obvious
security flaw.

Ideally, one wouldn't have to re-interpret the code, but at least you
would know that there's a bunch of crap in there you can ignore.

Comparing an MD5 sum stored in a DB also won't reveal what the
stored/encrypted data is, which I think is what was being sought here.