survey's

Epistemo *IQ* epistemo101 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 22 02:00:03 EDT 2003

Hey guys and girls,

Got a simple yet complicated question. here
I have to launch 4 surveys, which any user on a mailing list can access only once per survey.
survey1 - survey2 - survey3 - survey4
The amount of time these surveys will be online is two months.
So if the user has filled out survey1 he can only go to 2,3 or 4 ... etc.
The mailing will direct the user to one of the 4, per mailing list.

Now the surveys are done ... wrote the code ... did the Oracle thingy, etc.
But what would be the best way to make sure that the users will only enter one of each survey's?
I know the cookie issue is not 100% so I was looking into alternatives, but if it is gonna  be cookies ...
well ... so be it . These surveys are going to get hit hard since the mailing lists contain around 3
million users per survey/mailing. And these surveys are not cached so I can't put to much stress on the
boxes.

If anyone has any ideas ... or has done this in the past and was fairly successful. Let me know.
And ... if anyone has any code snippets that can do the job, please let me know ... or maybe post it,
since it is one of those rush jobs (what's new), that marketing wants in day.

Arno ....
(From a different email since I'm off-site)

Thx in advanced.

PS:

Hans,

We really need a seconday NYPHP location in the CT region, since I can never make any of the meetings
due to travel time ... and I bet I'm not the only one. I'll swing by later this week or so...