[nycphp-talk] Setting directory permissions

Patrick Hunt pat at vote.com
Fri Apr 18 19:34:16 EDT 2003

Jeff,

The value you pass into mkdir() is always AND'd with the current
umask. To be certain that the dir's permissions are set to exactly
what you pass, first clear the umask, as in:

if(!is_dir($id)) {
    $root = getenv('DOCUMENT_ROOT');
    $id = $root . '/pic_test/' . $id;
    $old_umask = umask(0000);
    mkdir($id,0777);
    umask($old_umask);
}

You could just set umask to 0000 at the top of your script, but
make sure you understand the full ramifications of doing that.

Pat Hunt