Caching only images (to save Bandwidth)

Anirudh Zala anirudh at aumcomputers.com
Thu Apr 3 00:37:37 EST 2003

Hello Peeps,

Is it possible to cache only images at my ISP? My exact situation is that my site has thousands of images, that I want to share among lot of users without loading it from server each time. I know i can use browser cache, but it can store whole documents including images but it works for 1 client only and I don't want to cache whole document, but i just want to cache only images. Morover I prefer to cache images on my ISP server rather than relying on client's browser cache.

In short if user A request a page that laods from server then ISP should retain all images on it's cache and when user B request same page or a such page that contains same images, then images should be loaded from that ISP only not by loading it from my server so that I can save my valuable Bandwidth.

Thanks,

Anirudh Zala

Anirudh Zala (Project Manager)             AUM Computers,
Tel: +91 281 2451894                          425, Star Plaza,
Mobile: +91 98981 37727                     Rajkot-360 001, Gujarat, INDIA
anirudh at aumcomputers.com               http://www.aumcomputers.com